There have been a lot of accidents that have occurred as a result of a tire blowout. This is a situation where your car tire suddenly rips apart while on the road. When you experience a tire blowout, there are 6 simple steps to take within a maximum of two minutes, which could save your life and the lives of your passengers. Here they are:
- Do not panic. In the event of a tire blowout, you will need to stay focused, because your car will begin to misbehave, and you need to take charge. Note that everyone else in the car will possibly be freaked out beyond reason. But you need to concentrate on keeping the car from swerving dangerously.
- Hold firmly to your steering wheel with both hands. Do not engage in vigorous turning, just keep your eyes on the road and your mirrors. Also, study the movement pattern of the car. Naturally, your car will swerve to the direction of the burst tire.
- Gradually, take your foot off the accelerator. Do not step on the brakes if you do, you have a 95% chance of a somersault. When you take your foot off the accelerator, the car will gradually slow down, while you concentrate on the road to avoid crashing into another vehicle.
- Disengage the gears of the car by shifting to Neutral (N), while maintaining a firm grip on the steering wheel. Remember to keep your eyes firmly on the road.
- After a while, depending on your initial speed, your car comes to a speed less than 60km/h. Now it’s safe to gradually apply the brakes and navigate to a sidewalk.
- Now, it is safe to put the car to a complete stop and turn off the engine. Then, you can investigate the cause of the blowout, change tires, or call for help if something else went wrong with the vehicle at the time.